Thursday, January 1, 2009

the New Year's Eve party

Several years ago we started a family tradition at our house of an annual New Year's Eve party that includes staying up all night, lots of food, & movies. The kids absolutely love it & I have come to look forward to it myself every year! It is also better than having to get out on the road.

This year I let the kids each pick what snack food they wanted. Zoe picked cookies to bake, Tad wanted ice cream, & Kalli decided on M&Ms. I wanted chips & dip and threw in some baby carrots for good measure. We rented 3 movies - Kung Fu Panda, Horton Hears a Hoo, and Journey to the Center of the Earth. It was a great party! We had pizza & chickenstrips (the kid's favorite) from Papa John's for dinner, then watched movies & snacked for hours! The carrots actually got finished off - Sophie insists they're beans, that girl sure can argue! We watched the New Year's Rockin' Eve countdown & blew bubbles @ midnight. As far as staying up all night - Kalli went to sleep @ 1am, Tad & Sophie @ 2am, I could have stayed up later since I am a night shift worker but I decided to go to bed @ 3am & left Zoe & Theo to duke it out to see who won (they are both still asleep right now so I'll have to let you know who won later)! I just love partying with my little party animals!

Happy New Year Pictures, Images and Photos

No comments: