Sunday, August 23, 2009

Happy 7th birthday Kalli!


In December 2001, we were on vacation in Utah, where I took a pregnancy test & found out we were going to have another baby! We were very excited to have an addition to the family & that we had waited a little longer between these babies!
I still had 2 kids in diapers, & I absolutely refused to have 3 kids in diapers! So we got Zoe potty-trained by her 3rd birthday in March!
I swear that the summer of 2002 was the hottest summer in history! Or maybe it was just that I was giantly pregnant & due on August 25?!? My sweet friends at work had a baby shower for me & since we knew we were having another girl we had lots of cute little pink clothes!
At 37 1/2 weeks I was dilated 2cm 50% & at 38 1/2 weeks I was still 2cm, hot, & miserable, I had never been pregnant this long before (having delivered in the past @ 37 1/2 & 38 weeks) so Dr. H was so sweet to let me be induced at 39 weeks ~ Hooray!
Monday, August 19, we arrived at the hospital bright and early at 4am (Zoe & Tad had spent the night with Nana & Papa) for my induction ~ we arrived early so I could make sure to get 2 doses of Penicillin before delivery since I was Group B Strep positive. At around 6am my pitocin was started & I was still 2cm 50% ~ I wonder how long Kalli would have waited to be born if I was not induced haha! I was already hurting pretty bad by 7am! I was 4cm & had my water broken at 8am & got my epidural ~ YEA! I was completely dilated by 10am! When Dr. H arrived, they put my legs in the stirrups, & her head started delivering before the Dr could even get her gloves on so my nurse SuAnn delivered the head!
Kallista "Kalli" Jane Nackos was born 8/19/02 @ 10:15am, weighed 6 lb 13 oz & was 20 inches long. Kallista is Greek & means "most beautiful", Jane is after my dad's mom Bettye Jayne. She was a very beautiful baby with a tiny bit of light brown hair & big blue eyes! Her big sister & brother liked her too (as much as a 2 & 3 year old can)!
Now at age 7, Kalli is absolutely beautiful, smart, bubbly girl who loves to help, talk, & be right in the middle of everything! She's very dramatic with a big smile & a big heart! I love my little Kalli-Balli!

No comments: