Monday, August 25, 2008

the first day of school















Today was Whitehouse ISD first day of school. So we all got up at 6:30 a.m. (yikes that's early even though Theo has still had to get up early all summer to go to work). We left the house before 7:30 and the traffic was absolutely horrendous! It takes about 5 minutes to get to the school from our house, but we didn't get there until 8:10! By the time I walked everyone to their classes the last child (Miss Zoe) didn't get to her class until 8:20. Thankfully they restructured the schools this year so all my kids are in the same school - YEA! (unlike last year when they were in 3 different schools)

So I am now the proud mom of a:
1st grader Kalli - she has Mrs. Webb who seems very nice & will hopefully be tolerable of her talkativeness & drama!
3rd grader Tad - he has Mrs. Fulgham who hopefully will be very tolerant of Tad's occasional antics & wild behavior, and they switch classes halfway though the day for different subjects which is new for Tad this year.
4th grader Zoe - she has Mrs. Alexander & 3 other teachers for different subjects, but she is very responsible & I think she will do great!

Tad hasn't been feeling too good this weekend, a little queasy, but we made him go to school hoping it was a case of nerves. At around 12:30 I got called to come pick him up so we'll see how he's feeling tomorrow.

My latest project is couponing! I have a binder all organized with coupon categories & have been doing pretty good, a little lapse this summer having all 4 kids at home, but now I'm back full force. So this morning Sophie & I went to CVS & here are my deals of the week.....

CVS weekly deals:
-Children or Infant's Advil on sale for $5.79 with $5.79 ECB (Extra Care Bucks = money off your next purchase) so that's FREE! Plus I went to http://www.advil.com/ & printed a $1 off coupon.
-Hunt's Snack Pack pudding (4-pk) on sale for $1 with a $.30/2 coupon = $.85 each

I find my deals on http://www.thegrocerygame.com/, but there is a subcription fee which I have found to be worth it!

Gotta go get a nap before work tonight!

No comments: