Sunday, March 29, 2009

Happy 10th Birthday Zoe!


August 1998, at age 23, I found out I was pregnant with my first baby & I was absolutely ecstatic! Theo & I decided we weren't going to find out whether it was a boy or girl. During the next several months, we bought all the essential baby things we needed. The nursery was done in navy blue & gold sun, moon, & stars. We had alot of outfits in gender neutral colors.

Sunday, March 28, 1999 I had my baby shower with wonderful friends & family.

Monday, March 29, 1999 I had an appointment with my ob doctor, he said I was 1cm dilated - woohoo! Theo & I went to Target to pick up the essential things that I didn't get at my shower. Then he had to go to work. I spent my night at home alone, putting baby furniture together & organizing the nursery (as you will soon see I was "nesting"). I was still awake when Theo got home so he made me nachos, then we went to bed.

Tuesday March 30, 1999 (at only 37 1/2 weeks), at 4:15am, I was awakened to my water breaking all over my bed. At 4:30 my contractions started so we left for the hospital. When we arrived, they verified my water was indeed broken & I was dilated to 2cm. It kinda gets a little blurry after this, but at some point I had some Stadol & shortly after got an epidural. By 10am I was completely dilated & started pushing. At 10:33am the baby was born & Dr. P said "It's a girl!" I was so excited & not shocked at all because I'd had a feeling she was going to be a girl. They asked what we were going to name her, & even though we hadn't decided 100%, I shouted, "Zoe!"

Zoe Elaine Nackos was born 3/30/99 @ 10:33am, weighed 6 lb 1 oz & was 19 inches long. She was absolutely the most beautiful baby I had ever seen with lots of dark hair & blue eyes! I fell head-over-heals in love!!

At age 10 she is the big sister of the family & is great & motherly in that role. She's also smart, cute, funny, friendly, & I absolutely adore her. I cannot imagine life without her!

1 comment:

Christie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, ZOE!!!!!

She is such an amazing young lady. I am so glad that I have gotten to know her, although don't get to see her and the others as often as I would like. I can't believe how much she has changed in the 5+ years that I've known y'all. And she looks so much like you in the last picture!